- 550 INR
ORIGUT (Plain Catgut) is a fast absorbing surgical gut suture made from strand of collage nous material prepared from the sub mucosal layers of the small intestine of healthy sheep. Fast absorbing surgical gut sutures are sterile and elicit only a slight to minimal tissue reaction during absorption
Type : Twisted multifilament with a monofilament appearance
Material : None
Color : Beige
Tissue reaction : Moderate. Plain catgut enjoys lower tissue reaction
Absorption : By phagocytosis. Complete mass absorption in approximately 65 days.
Approximately 50% of tensile strength remains after 7 days. When used in
infected tissues or in tissues with increased levels of proteolytic enzymes
(stomach, cervix,and vagina) it is more quickly absorbed.
Tensile Strength : Tensile strength is retained for 7 - 14 days.
USP Range : 5/0 - 3
Sterilization : EO (Ethylene Oxide)
Needle Type : Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, straight, blunt point
Packing : In aluminium foil packages with or without needle
Characteristics Of Plain Catgut Suture:
- High tensile strength
- Absorption by phagocytosis
- Twisted structure
- Uniform diameter by centerless polishing (monofilament appearance)
- Hermetically sealed packing
Benefits Of Plain Catgut Suture:
- Excellent tissue support
- Uniform absorption
- Excellent handling properties, High flexibility High tensile strength, Excellent knot security
- Soft passage through the tissues without sawing, tissue drag and trauma.Excellent knot tie down
- Guaranteed seal and product sterility
Indications Of Plain Catgut Suture:
General soft tissue closing and/or ligation especially in General surgery, Gastrointestinal surgery,
Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Urology, Ophthalmic surgery
Contraindications Of Plain Catgut Suture:
- Cardiovascular surgery, Neurosurgery
- Being absorbable not to use when an extended wound support is required.
- Caution in patients with delayed wound healing (e.g. compromised immune system).
- ln the region of infected wounds known sensitivities or allergies to Collagen
Needle Length Needle Description Suture Length Suture Size in USP 4-0 (2) 3-0 (3) 2-0 (3.5) 1-0 (4) 16 mm 3/8 Circle Cutting 76 cm OS 4270 22 mm 3/8 Circle Cutting 76 cm OS 5010 30 mm 1/2 Round Bodied 76 cm OS 4342 30 mm 3/8 Circle Round Bodied 76 cm OS 5033
- 5000 Per Week
- 7 Days
No. 138-B, "Udayagiri complex", 3rd Phase, KIADB Industrial Area, Peenya, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560058, India